Pecan, bacon & apricot cheese ball
- Serves6-10 people
- Prep time15 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/3 cup of apricot jam
- 1/4 cup of chives, minced
- 1/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of old cheddar, grated
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of chives, minced
- 3 tablespoons of pecans, roasted and chopped
- Pour all the cheese ball ingredients in a food blender, apart from the cream cheese and cheddar, then blend until you get a grainy texture.
- Add both cheeses and mix again quickly. Pour into a bowl and cover, then refrigerate for an hour.
- Mix all the coating ingredients on a plate, then set aside.
- Take the cheese mix out of the refrigerator and roll it into a big ball with your slightly wet hands.
- Roll the cheese ball onto the coating mix then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018