Fresh goat cheese, olives, lemon & poppy seed ball
A quickly put-together appetizer recipe that is the perfect solution for when you decide to entertain unexpectedly. Simply add the cheese ball at the center of the table with crackers and fresh bread pieces for your guests to help themselves to happiness.
- Serves6 to 10
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout30 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup of pistachios
- 1/2 cup of pitted green olives
- 1 300 g tube of fresh goat cheese
- 1 250 g box of cream cheese
- A lemon’s zest
- Pepper, as preferred
- 1/3 cup of poppy seeds
- Crush the pistachios and olives in a food-processor until you get a grainy mix. Add the goat cheese, cream cheese as well as the lemon zest and pepper then stir again quickly.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the mix into one big ball of cheese and then roll it into the poppy seeds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes minimum.
- Serve with crackers and fresh pieces of bread.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator.