BLT scallop appetizers
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
These appetizers are the perfect blend of chic & comfort with a homey BLT taste and distinguished seafood presentation. They will look amazing on a platter and are absolutely delicious, therefore a must for your next gathering.
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time7 min
- TimeoutKeeps for 3 days in the refrigerator
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 12 scallops in the 7-10 range
- 4 cocktail tomatoes, cut in 3 slices
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and cut in 4 pieces
- A few baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons of Caesar dressing (or mayonnaise)
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick pan, on medium-high heat. Cook the scallops for 5 minutes on one side or until golden, then turn over and remove from heat. Wait 2 minutes then remove scallops from the pan.
- Slice the scallops in halves, width-wise then layer a slice of tomato, a piece of bacon and a leaf of spinach onto a slice of scallop.
- Spread some Caesar dressing on the remaining scallop slice and add atop the already layered ingredients then slide a toothpick down the center to hold it all together.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018