BREAKFAST CHOCOLATE SOUP (HOT OR COLD)
I love soup so much that I always say I could eat it all the time, even for breakfast. I kept my word: here’s a breakfast soup recipe that can be eaten hot or cold. I’m pretty proud of it.
It’s not a soup (lol) since there’s oatmeal in it, which gives it a nice soup texture that’s great for eating with a spoon, especially when you add tons of toppings.
I hope you’ll like it as much as I do.
- ServesServes 2
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time5 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 2 cups liquid of your choosing (vanilla almond milk, soy milk, nut milk, dairy milk, water)
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- 1 very ripe banane
Replacement optionsor 5 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
Replacement optionsor lactose-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Replacement optionsor honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Replacement optionsor other nut butter, or pea butter, if you’re allergic to nuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the topping
- 1 banana, sliced
Replacement optionsor other fruit of your choosing
- 1/2 cup muesli, nuts, or fresh fruit
- In a pot, heat up the liquid that you decided on. Add the oatmeal and cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the remaining soup ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the oatmeal mixture, mix, and serve with the topping of your choosing.