Honey & Pineapple crockpot ham
Photo credit: Dana Dorobantu
Here is an easy recipe, perfect for large groups and for when you want to show off to your guests. The ham can be served with some creamy mash potatoes, a green salad or your choice of vegetables.
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time8 hours
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 ham of about 2.5 kg
- 1 cup of water
- 5 cloves
- 3 laurel leaves
- 2 fresh thyme twigs
- 1 cored pineapple, peeled and sliced in 8-10 pieces
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1.Remove the ham from its package then add to the crockpot, rind-side up. Add water, cloves, laurel leaves and thyme.
- Use toothpicks to top the ham with pineapples, then cover with honey.
- Cover then cook on low temperature for 8 hours or until the ham comes undone with tongs.
- Remove the ham from the crockpot slowly, then cut off the pieces and lay onto a serving plate and top with the pineapple slices.
- Pour the sauce into a gravy boat then drizzle onto the ham slices when serving
Tips & tricks
Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018