Salted herbs, ricotta, mushrooms & almond pancakes
While these pancakes are awesome for a brunch, they also make for a great supper option.
I used white mushrooms because it’s what I had in the fridge, but it will be just as good with any other kind of mushroom.
Little tip to know when to turn your pancakes over: you’ll see bubbles on top.
- Serves4 people
- Prep time35 min
- Cook time30 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pack (227 g) of white mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup of veal stock
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of Tamari almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 shallots, minced
Salted herb pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salted herbs
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Combine all salted herb pancakes ingredients in a bowl, then blend with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan, on medium heat, pour ¼ of this mix, cook for 2 minutes on each side. Keep going until there is no more mix left. Set aside the pancakes once they are cooked.
- In a second pan, on high heat, melt the butter and then cook the mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes. Reduce to medium heat, then add the veal stock, keep cooking for another 10 minutes. Season generously.
- Spread the Ricotta cheese on the pancakes, add the mushrooms and top with almonds and shallots.