Nut butter & maple fudge
Everybody seems to have been going to the sugar shack over the weekend, and since my husband is diabetic, I know it would be torture for him to go there. So instead, I’m bringing the maple to our home.
I’m even making a theme out of it, and I’ll be sharing maple syrup-based recipes all week.
- Serves15 pieces
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout3 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of your preferred nut butter
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of preferred nuts, roughly chopped
- Line an 8” rectangular bread pan with a plastic wrap. It’ll stick to the bottom of the pan if you drizzle a few drops of water beforehand.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot, except the nuts, then bring to a boil and stir often.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the mix for 5 minutes or until the mix becomes thick and sticky.
- Pour into the mould and top with the chopped nuts. Set in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy. Keep in the freezer.
Tips & tricks
There are two kinds of coconut oil: either with or without any added flavour. This recipe calls for the one without any added flavours, thus genuinely revealing the maple syrup and nut flavours.