Orange-Flavoured Dark Chocolate Truffles
There are not a gazillion ways to reinvent how a truffle looks like. After all, a ball is a ball. I decided to shake things up a bit and add a stamp to each truffle—a beautiful pattern that is truly unique and gets people to notice your creative touch!
You can literally use anything to stamp them, such as a star shaped cap of a highlighter. Be creative, and have fun with it.
When you’re getting ready to roll the truffles, I suggest you wash your heads with cold water then dry thoroughly. This will prevent the chocolate from melting as soon as the chocolate touches your fingers. You can repeat the hand washing throughout the process.
To make this recipe, you can use every Chocolat Favoris dark chocolate based fondues. Other flavours will not be as interesting.
- Servesapprox. 20 truffles
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time5 mins (minus the fondue can)
- TimeoutMinimum 3 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 215g can of your favorite flavor of Chocolats Favoris fondue One 215g can of the Orange burst Chocolats Favoris fondue
Replacement optionsclassic dark, dark chocolate crunchy hazelnut, dark chocolate Tanzania 75 %
- 3/4 cup of 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate fondue by following the instructions on the Chocolats Favoris can. Pour the melted chocolate in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, add the cream, honey and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and pour into the bowl of chocolate. Mix well until you get a creamy and smooth texture.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap, making sure it sticks to the ganache. Refrigerate for 2 hours so that it hardens slightly.
- With your clean, cold hands, make the truffle balls. Use about 1 tbsp. of the mixture for each truffle. Then, roll the truffle in the cocoa powder. Shake off any excess powder.
- Decorate the truffles using a stamp. Place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take the truffles out of the refrigerator for them to thaw for a few minutes before serving.