Chicken, carrot & banana cupcakes for dogs, topped with peanut icing
I am smiling widely as I type up this recipe. Cooking for my dog makes me laugh, like a lot.
These kinds of dog treats should not represent more than 10% of your dog’s nutrition, and it should be noted that natural peanut butter is preferred for this recipe considering the fact that some peanut butter options contain Xylitol, which is highly toxic for animals.
- Serves24 mini cupcakes
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- Timeout20 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup of cooked chicken
- 1 cup of shredded carotts
- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- A few drops of red/orange food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the rack at the center of it. Grease a mini-muffin pan then set aside.
- Blend the banana in a food processor until it is pureed then add the chicken to chop it finely. Pour into a bowl then add the carrots, peanut butter and sunflower seed oil. Stir until well-combined.
- Add the eggs, water, baking powder and flour. Mix until the texture is dough-like, nothing more.
- Pour the mix into the muffin pan. Bake for 15 minutes then let cool completely.
- While the muffins bake, blend all the icing ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the icing to a pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer.