Strawberry & peanut Pastry Pinwheels (« Nun’s farts »)
While a Nun’s Fart might seem like a weird joke for a recipe, you have to believe this dessert tastes like little pieces of heaven. No pun intended.
Yet another trick to simplify your holiday meal planning : use the same pate brisee recipe as the one mentioned in my Meat pie recipe.
- Serves36 - 40 pastries
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 300 g (1) of pate brisee
- 3 tablespoons of butter, at room temperature
- 3 – 4 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 3 – 4 tablespoon of strawberry jam
Replacement optionsyour preferred jam
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg, whisked (to baste)
- Roll out a 5 mm thick rectangle crust (15cm x 30 x cm) on a floured work plan. Lay onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the butter all over the crust, while leaving a 2 cm wide strip bare at the top of the crust, then spread the jam and peanut butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the whole crust.
- Baste the 2 cm wide strip with the egg then roll the crust with the parchment paper. Make sure the roll is sealed by pressing down onto the cylinder tightly. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and place the rack at the centre of it. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper then set aside.
- Slice the pastry roll into 1 cm thick pieces and lay onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, making sure you turn them over half-way through.