Chocolate sea salt cookies
Watch the video
To replace the eggs in any recipe, just mix 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with 4 tablespoons of water. Make the recipe as usual. It works perfectly, as proven by this recipe.
Alex and I go crazy for the sweet and salty combination. As such, we were obviously drawn to the chocolate sea salt, but you can make these cookies with caramel, chili, or milk chocolate.
P.S. They’re absolutely incredible slightly warm.
- ServesYields 15 cookies
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
For the wet ingredients
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds in 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
Replacement optionsor other nut butter of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
For the dry ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup Kamut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
Replacement optionsor white sugar
- 3.5 oz dark sea salt chocolate, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. Stir well.
- Shape 15 cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve hot.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018