Pear & blueberry muffins
This recipe cost me a lot of money in ingredients since it took me several tries, but it was definitely worth the investment!
At first, I wanted to make blueberry & orange muffins. They tasted amazing, but I found the orange was a little overpowering. I really wanted the local blueberries to be the star of the show. I thought about using pears, which I originally puréed to replace the milk in my recipe. Again, it tasted good, but I found that the texture wasn’t quite right and I wanted some juicy pear chunks in it. Here’s the result of my hard work.
Enjoy these muffins with a coffee in the morning, at night, or even in the afternoon for a little comfort food.
I just had one while I was relaxing in my bath, which would have been a great idea, if only I didn’t have a dinner to go to in half an hour. 🙂
- ServesYields 6 large or 12 small muffins
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time25 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Replacement optionsor plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 small pear, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the blueberries and pears. Fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for 23–25 minutes or until muffins are cooked through. Let cool before serving.