Golden chicken drumsticks (Indian style yogurt marinade)
Bright flashy yellow chicken paired with rice and steamed veggies.
- Prep time5 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeoutminimum of 2 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skinless
Replacement optionsboneless chicken thighs or any other kind of piece of meat, such as pork, skewers or white fish
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 3 – 4 twigs of oregano (optional)
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon’s juice
Replacement optionslime or orange
- 3 tablespoons of honey
Replacement optionsmaple syrup, corn syrup, brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ground cummin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pour all the marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the chicken drumsticks into a pan and season generously. Cover with the marinade. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the centre of it. Remove the wrap and cover with an aluminium foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and it falls off the bone.
Tips & tricks
It is very important you let the pyrez cool down before you put it in the oven, if you don’t there is a RISK OF EXPLOSION. You can also simply add the pyrez to the oven before you preheat, thus allow the temperature to rise gradually, simply start timing the baking when the oven reaches 350 °F.