While I thought that every at-home Wednesday I spent with my daughter would be the perfect time to meal prep and bake all day, it’s actually nothing like that. Wednesdays are the days where I have the least time to do much of anything. So, I have a small stash of quick and easy recipes that I go through during week nights.
I used the La belle excuse white balsamic vinegar in this particular recipe, it makes the best vinaigrettes and it can be found at the grocery store.
- Serves4 Portions
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time1 hour
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of « La Belle Excuse »’s green olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of « La Belle Excuse »’s white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of whole green olives
- 1/2 cup of whole prunes, pitted
- 1/4 cup of dryed apricots, halved
- 2 of fresh thyme twigs
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven at 325°F and place the rack at the center of it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan on medium high heat then brown the chicken on each side. Add the onion and garlic then keep cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir then cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve on rice.