Whole salmon to share, beet salad, bagels & cream cheese
Here is a lovely recipe to be share with your loved ones either for brunch or a full dinner planned with not much hassle.
- Serves6 - 8
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time25 - 30 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 salmon filet (2 lb)
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 lime, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 – 8 bagels, sliced in half & toasted
- 1 – 2 cup of cream cheese
- 5 – 6 yellow beets (4 cups), cooked and quartered
- 2 – 3 of raw Chioggia beets (1 ½ cup), sliced thinly
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of pink grapefruit , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 lime’s juice & zest
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Replacement optionsof maple syrup
- 2 – 3 fresh mint twigs, chopped (optional)
Replacement optionsYour choice of fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the rack a the centre of it.
- Lay the salmon onto a piece of aluminum foil, wide enough to wrap it entirely afterwards. Season well then lay out the lime slices and butter onto the flesh. Wrap the foil shut, into a giant cooking packet (papillote).
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the flesh is well done. Rule of thumb is usually to cook 15 minutes per pound of salmon. Then set aside the fish.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Serve the salmon at the centre of the table, and pull it apart with a fork. Garnish each bagel with cream cheese and top with the salmon and beet salad.
Tips & tricks
– You can add a few pomegranate grains in the salad to add a dash of colour.
– For a quickly put together recipe, consider using smaller salmon pieces and cook for 8 to 10 minutes each.