Chickpea, cucumber & fresh herb salad
We just moved into our first office and we’re very excited! We spent all of last week renovating a 100-year-old house, so we could have a change of scenery during the workweek.
At first, we wanted to rent an office space, but we realized that we’d never find a bright space that also had a kitchen without spending an arm and a leg.
Now we’re finally settled in and very comfortable in our dream space.
This chickpea recipe is the first one I cooked in our new space and it’s a winner.
- ServesServes 6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 19 oz (1 can, 540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Replacement optionsor vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- Pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well, and serve.