Stuffed Sweet potatoes & pepper sauce
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time45 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of gouda cheese, grated
Papillote (cooking in a packet)
- 1 can (540 ml) of black beans, rinsed and strained
- 1 box (227 g) of white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of grilled peppers, diced
- 1 lime’s juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, chopped
- Heat the barbecue to medium heat, regulate at approximately 400 °F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes length-wise, season and baste with oil then wrap each piece with an aluminum foil.
- Lay the potatoes on the top grill, sliced half facing down, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Combine all the “papillote” ingredients and make the cooking packet.
- Add the packet to the very warm grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend all the pepper sauce ingredients with a hand-held mixer then set aside.
- Unwrap the sweet potatoes. Open the vegetable packet and add the cheese then garnish each potato half. Drizzle with the pepper sauce and serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018