Vegetarian squash chili
- Serves6 - 8
- Prep time5 mins
- Cook time4 hour 30 minutes
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/3 cup of sour cream (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 packs of 54 g each of veggie ground round
- 1 (596 ml) can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 (540 ml) can of white beans, rinsed and strained
- Add all the chilli ingredients to a crockpot, apart from the white beans. Cook over low heat for 4 hours, then set to high heat and cook for another 30 minutes and make sure you stir a few times in between.
- Add the white beans and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado slices and pumpkin seeds then season if needed.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018