Creamy bacon, tomato & spinach penne rigate
Here’s a yummy pasta recipe that is easy to make on week nights.
I used the Catelli Smart pasta because they are high in fiber but you could never tell by the taste of them.
Photo Credit: Dana Dorobantu
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time30 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 box (375 g) of Catelli Smart® penne rigate
- 1 cup of bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup of 15% cooking cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 125 g of fresh goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of multi-coloured tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the pasta following the instructions on the box. Strain then serve.
- Cook the bacon in a non-adhesive pan on medium-high heat until it’s crispy, then set aside.
- In a pot, on medium heat, pour the cream, chicken broth and the goat cheese and slowly simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and keep cooking for another 5 minutes and season.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir together. Garnish with bacon to serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018