Tofu & mushroom soba noodles
I still surprise myself every time I declare my love for mushrooms, considering that I hated them for the longest time. I think it’s because mushrooms are often badly prepared, since it’s so easy to ruin them.
I wrote an article on how to cook mushrooms to help you perfect this recipe.
- ServesServes 2
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 7 oz soba noodles
- Dash of canola oil, for cooking
- 8 oz wild mushrooms of your choice
Replacement optionsshiitake or cremini
- 1 cup tofu, cute into 1/3 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce
Replacement optionsor soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms and tofu over high heat (read my article).
- Lower heat, add the butter, and season. Add the garlic and peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the noodles. Mix well, adjust the seasoning and serve.