This recipe is great for two things: using leftover meat or seafood and making a delicious dinner in just a few minutes.
During the holidays, I bet turkey quesadillas would be super popular, given how many leftovers there usually are!
It also makes for a pretty light meal, which your body will appreciate after all the holiday feasting. (Easily forgivable feasting, that is) 🙂
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time16 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 large (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Olive oil, as needed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup store-bought sundried tomato pesto
For the meat
- 2 cups turkey, cooked and shredded
Replacement optionsor chicken, shrimp, roast beef or pork
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Place spinach in a large bowl with 1 tbsp water and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove excess water and set aside.
- Brush 1 side of each 4 tortillas with oil and place them oil side down on a baking dish.
- Garnish each tortilla with some sun dried tomato pesto, spinach, meat of your choice and 2 slices Swiss cheese. Cover each tortilla with one of the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Brush the top side of the quesadillas with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Press down on the quesdadillas (to flatten) and cut into 6 or 8 slices. Serve.