Roast beef burger & chimichurri sauce
- Serves6 to 8
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time3 hour 30 minutes
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1.5 kg of chuck roast, deboned
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup of fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Slice the chuck roast in 6 equal parts. Combine all the spices ingredients together and rub the meat with this mix.
- Add to an aluminum pan and seal it off with aluminum foil.
- Heat half of the barbecue to medium heat, regulate around 350 °F. Add the pan to the half that is not heated. Close the cover and cook for 3 ½ hours.
- Chop all the chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender, then set aside.
- Open the aluminum pan, use two forks to pull the meat apart, then add to the sauce.
- Grill the buns then garnish with meat and sauce.
Tips & tricks
The meat can be frozen.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018