My dad, a very active man and a true meat lover, goes bananas for this vegetarian wrap made of odd, yet delicious ingredients.
He told me earlier—grinning, with a piece of date stuck in his teeth—that he could eat this “er’y day”. He’s the best!
I recommend you use Bam dates for this recipe (instead of Medjool) because they’re cheaper and easier to eat in a sandwich.
For a well-balanced meal, serve this sandwich with your favourite raw veggies.
- ServesYields 1 sandwich
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 Ezekiel sprouted-grain flatbread
Replacement optionsor 1 soft tortilla
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons store-bought or homemade tofu spread
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 Bam dates, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup carrots, grated
- Lay the ingredients on the flatbread in the following order: almond butter, tofu spread, green onion, dates, and carrots. Roll into a wrap and enjoy.