Mango barbecue sauce
- ServesYields 500 ml
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time35 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 – 2 habanero peppers, cored and quartered
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen mangoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of mango and orange juice
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1 lime’s zest
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Of fresh cracked pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot on medium heat, then cook the onion, garlic and Habanero peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat, then cook for another 30 minutes or until the mango is soft and the liquid has gone down. Stir often to prevent the sauce from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Blend with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Serve with roasted chicken.
Tips & tricks
Keeps for a month in the refrigerator.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018