Rhubarb barbecue sauce
- ServesYileds 500 ml
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time20 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 cups of rhubarb, sliced in 5 cm sections
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- Salt, as preferred
- Preheat the oven at 425°F and place the rack at the center of it.
- Lay the rhubarb and garlic on a baking sheet, then coat with vegetable oil. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Add to a blender, with the remaining ingredients then blend together.
- Pour into a pot and keep for a month in the refrigerator.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018