Smoked sweet chipotle barbecue sauce
- ServesYields 500 ml
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time30 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of plain apple juice
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of chipotle in Adobo sauce (Mexican section at the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a pot, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat then cook for 30 minutes while stirring regularly thus preventing the sauce from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Blend this mix with a hand-held mixer.
- Baste onto ribs.
Tips & tricks
Keeps for a month in the fridge, or 6 in the freezer.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018