Risotto alla milanese
Here’s a classic recipe with a touch of saffron (the world’s most expensive spice) to warm you up on cold days.
Make this creamy dish with all the love it deserves and serve it nice and hot.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (or more, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the saffron and 1 tablespoon of hot water. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a pot. Set aside.
- In a pot, sauté the onion in the butter for 5 minutes, then add the rice. Let the rice cook with the onion for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the wine, saffron, and water and heat until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Using a ladle, pour 1 cup of the hot broth over the rice and wait until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Stir frequently and repeat the last step until the stock is gone.
- Finish with grated Parmesan and season well.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018