Classic beef broth
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time10 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 box (1 liter) of low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish puree, store-bought
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot, then brown the onions for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste, then cook for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, make sure the seasoning is right then transfer into a fondue bowl.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018