Butter chicken flavoured bread
I am way too excited about this oh-so original bread recipe, it taste just like butter chicken. So maybe it has something to do with my pregnancy cravings, just maybe. But most importantly, this is the perfect side snack for a veggie curry or soup (something along the lines of a carrot or sweet potatoe soup!)
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
- ServesYields 1 loaf
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Garam Massala
- 1 teaspoon of ground cummin
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup of salted cashew nuts, chopped in big pieces
- A drizzle of honey
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place the rack at the centre of it. Grease a round pan then set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, Garam Massala, cummin, curry powder and salt together in a large bowl, then set aside.
- Whisk the milk along with the melted butter and egg in another bowl. Slowly add to the dry mix, while whisking. Then add the onions and cashew nuts, fold in with a spatula.
- Pour into the pan, then bake for 30 minutes in the oven or a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan, then set onto a cooling grid.
- Drizzle the loaf with honey.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keeps for 2 days at room temperature, or 5 days in the refrigerator.