Vegetable, yogurt and Ground beef soup
- Serves8 cups
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 350 g of ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of chili seasonning
Replacement optionsof chili powder
- 2 cups of carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 yellow flesh potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of frozen soya beans
- 1L of chicken broth
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a pan then brown the onion and ground beef with the chilli seasoning for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery, then continue baking for 2 minutes and season.
- Add the potatoes, soya beans, and chicken broth then bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, then season again.
- Let the soup chill for 5 minutes then add the yogurt and parsley while whisking together. Serve.
Tips & tricks
– Do not boil the soup once the yogurt was added in. Warm it up slowly instead.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018