Tomato & orzo soup
- Serves6 cups
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Replacement optionsof olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 can (796 ml) of whole tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
Replacement optionsof vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of Orzo (or your preferred choice of pasta)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot then soften the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Season generously.
- Add the tomatoes and crush them with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. (Add the pasta at the end if it’s already cooked)
- Check the seasoning and enjoy.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018