Wild rice & turkey soup
A heartwarming soup to keep warm during the cold winter days. It’s so comforting, and a great way to use up your turkey leftovers. Use the turkey broth and it will be all the more delicious.
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time50 min
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 6 cups of chicken (or turkey) broth
- 2 cups of turkey, cooked and pulled apart
- 1 cup of wild rice
- 2 of laurel leaves
- 1/4 cup of freshly Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1. Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat, then brown the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, turkey, wild rice and laurel leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes to cook the rice.
- Add the parsley, season generously and serve.
Tips & tricks
This recipe can be made with any kind of rice, simply adjust the cooking time accordingly. Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator. Can be frozen for 3 months.