Raw beets carpaccio & raspberry vinegar mayonnaise
- Serves4 Portions
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time18 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
Raspberry vinegar mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- A few drops of tabasco
- 2 tablespoons of « La Belle Excuse » raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 cup of black olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 medium yellow beets, peeled and minced
- 2 medium Chioggia or red beets, peeled and minced
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- A few fresh tarragon leaves
- Sea salt
- Mix the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, tabasco and raspberry vinegar in a bowl. Add the olive oil while whisking, then add the terragon. Refrigerate.
- Lay the beet slices on a serving plate, while alternating the colors. Drizzle with mayonnaise then garnish.
Tips & tricks
The mayonnaise is a bit bitter, but it evens out the sweetness of the beets.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018