Vegetable papillote & mango sauce
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time20 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of Nantes carrots, sliced in half
- 2 cups of whole radishes, (sliced in half if too big)
- 1 minced onion
- 2 cups of butternut squash, peeled and diced in 1″ pieces
- 1 cup of fine couscous
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Ataulfo mango’s flesh
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of ground cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Blend all the mango sauce ingredients with a hand-held mixer.
- Combine the Nantes carrots, radishes, onion and squash with half the sauce. Stir.
- Build a papillote (cooking packet).
- Fire up the barbecue and regulate to medium heat (about 400°F.)
- Cook the vegetables on the barbecue for 30 minutes.
- Cook the couscous in a pot, following the instructions on the box.
- Pour all the packet contents into a large bowl, add the couscous and the remaining sauce with parsley and stir. Serve as a side dish.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018