Cinnamon hot chocolate dipping blocks
Watch the video
Ready-made stirring blocks are such a cool thing to have on hand (also a bit dangerous, haha !).
Once you’ve made this recipe, all you have to do is warm up some milk, add a block and stir it all up 🙂 !
- Serves8 blocks
- Prep time30 mins
- Timeout2 hours 40 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 100 g of milk chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, sieved
- A pinch of salt
- 8 long cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- A few drops of pink food colouring
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cocoa powder and salt then mix until smooth. Pour into an ice tray (3 cm x 3 cm) and then refrigerate for 30 minutes until the chocolate hardens a bit.
- Add a cinnamon stick to each block, then refrigerate for 2 hours or until the block are entirely hard.
- Remove from the ice tray then thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sugar and food colouring in a bowl then sprinkle over the blocks, making sure the sugar sticks to them.
- Keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Heat a cup of milk then milk a block in it to make your
Recipe published on August 19, 2018