Chocolate & pistachio biscotti
I love the holidays. I also love biscotti. So, for the holidays, here’s a chocolate and pistachio biscotti recipe!
I know I just repeated the same thing twice in the last sentence, but I like being clear! Ha! Ha!
This recipe is perfect to make with friends or kids on a Sunday morning at home when love is in the air. It’s a nice elegant dessert that pairs well with a cup of coffee or glass of milk.
- ServesYields 12 biscotti
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time45 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoon cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, pistachios, and chocolate chips.
- Make a small well in the centre and add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until the texture resembles dough.
- Wet your hands, make the dough into a sausage shape on a baking sheet (see video), and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 300˚F.
- Cut the sausage diagonally, so as to form nice biscotti. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10–15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and cream and drizzle over the biscotti.
Tips & tricks
The biscotti will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.