ARTICHOKE, GRILLED PEPPER & FETA DIP
People who say they can’t cook without it turning into a nightmare will love this recipe. It’s impossible to get anything less than a perfect result, and you won’t have any dirty dishes to do. Basically, you put all the ingredients in a bowl, wait 45 minutes, and dig in.
My fondness for warm dips is no longer a secret. I make them all year long and I have to say, they’re just as good in the summer. They’re heaven in the mid-afternoon, or poolside, or as an appetizer, or even for lunch, with lots of raw vegetables or some bread rolls.
Yes, this recipe is rich, but I think it’s perfect that way. Don’t ask me how to make it lighter, because I don’t know and wouldn’t want to find out. (No offense to those of you who wanted to ask, I’m just being silly. Since there’s no “mischievous grin” emoticon, I thought I should clarify, because you never know on the internet!). I generally eat healthy, and that includes treats like this where I don’t feel guilty or worry about how much I’ve eaten.
- ServesServes 6-8
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time45 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml can) artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought roasted peppers, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 9 oz (2 sticks) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Save some feta cheese for serving.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top and serve with bread rolls or raw vegetables.