Grilled eggplant & garlic dip
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time35 min
- Timeout0 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- Olive oil drizzle
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or more, see when putting the recipe together)
- A large pinch of pepper
- 1 large eggplant, cut in halves, length wise
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/3 cup of tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, either homemade or store-bought
- 1 lemon’s juice & zest
- Vegetables, to serve
- Preheat the oven oat 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then set aside.
- Baste the eggplant halves then add salt and pepper. Crisscross the top of the eggplant with the tip of a knife. Lay them onto the baking sheet, flesh-side down. Then set aside.
- Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and lay onto the baking sheet with the eggplant. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- Remove the flesh of the eggplant and garlic then add to a food processor. Add all remaining ingredients and blend into a puree.
- Serve as a dip with vegetables.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018