Fresh herbs cheese spread
- ServesYields ¾ cup
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time2 to 3 min
- Timeout2 hours 45
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 liter of 3.25% milk
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or more, as preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- Cheesecloth, clean cloth or sterile gauze
- Bring the milk close to a boil, as soon as you see the first bubbles add the vinegar and remove from heat. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Lay the cheesecloth (or either option chosen) at the bottom of a strainer and pour the mix over it. Let sit for 30 minutes, thus removing the whey.
- Transfer all ingredients into a bowl, pour into cheesecloth again and roll into a tight ball. Refrigerate for 2 hours on a plate to let drain.
- Enjoy right away or keep for up to a week in an air tight container in the fridge.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018