When I buy a seven-layer dip at the grocery store, I always go straight for the section with the most salsa and sour cream. I love this combination that’s both fresh and creamy at the same time.
This morning, I decided I’d treat myself for lunch and prepare a creamy salsa as an extra special treat for my taste buds and tummy.
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 27 oz (1 can) whole tomatoes, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
Replacement optionsor lemon
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Replacement optionsor other herb of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the tomatoes into a bowl. Using your hands, crush the tomatoes until they resemble a purée.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season generously, and mix well. Serve with tortilla chips.