Since the Montreal Canadiens are playing tonight and it’s a very important game, I’m expecting to be doing lots of emotional eating throughout the game. That’s why I decided it would be a good idea to prepare a snack that was delicious, but also relatively healthy.
Because I’m a huge avocado fan, I decided to make guacamole. It’s a well-known and easy recipe, but it’s still worth a post on the blog, in my opinion.
Enjoy the game!
- ServesYields 1 1/4 cups (varies with avocado size)
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 very ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
Replacement optionsor lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1 green onion, thinly minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- Pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste, and serve.