Crispy spiced Parmesan chickpeas
The idea of turning chickpeas into a snack is nothing new, but they still surprise me every time I try them. The result is halfway between a chip and a crouton, which means you can just as easily add them to a green salad as toss them as-is into a little baggie for a work snack. I also love adding them as a last-minute garnish to my pasta salads.
I’ve never used drugs, but eating these chickpeas makes me feel like I’m on the brink of extreme addiction.
- ServesYields about 1 1/2 cups
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time40 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- 1/4 cup store-bought grated Parmesan
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 35–40 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring every 10 minutes.