Green tea, almond & white chocolate cookies
My love for matcha is no secret. It inspired me to create muffin and smoothie recipes, and now cookies.
My boyfriend likes to call them green tea Bear Paws, since they remind him of the cookies. But believe me, the taste is quite unique!
The matcha and almond extract are a bit pricey. However, it’s not so bad when you consider they’ll keep for a long time (the matcha in the fridge) and that you only need a little bit at a time.
- ServesYields 10 cookies
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the matcha, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and icing sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks, almond extract, and almond milk and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix well, and add the white chocolate chips.
- Shape 10 cookies. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.