SALMON DUO & PANKO CRUMBLE TARTARE
Watch the video
Last year, my salmon, strawberry & spicy mayonnaise tartare recipe was a huge hit, just like the beef tartare recipe in my book. I didn’t know people liked tartare so much. I thought it was something people were scared of because it’s made with raw meat and fish.
I wanted to share another idea that I make all the time at home, with smoked and fresh salmon. I was also looking for an original way to add a crunch to the tartare instead of always eating it with bread, so I made a delicious panko crumble.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
For the tartare
- 10.5 oz fresh salmon, finely chopped
- 3.5 oz smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Replacement optionsor lime
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
Replacement optionsor fresh basil, chopped
For the crumble
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the panko. Mix well. Add the paprika and salt and cook for a few more seconds. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the tartare ingredients and serve sprinkle with crumble.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018