Blueberry & peach smoothie
Do you lack time or appetite in the morning? This smoothie recipe is made of healthy ingredients that taste wonderful when combined. If you don’t mention that this smoothie contains tofu, your children (and better half) will beg for more, ha ha!
– Blueberries are packed with various antioxidants and vitamins, contain dietary fibre, and taste good.
– Peaches are refreshing and energizing, invigorate the nervous system and aid digestion. They hydrate the body and improve bowel functions.
– Tofu is rich in protein and minerals, such as calcium, zinc, and iron. It’s basically flavourless, so don’t be scared to use it!
– Almond milk is a beverage made of puréed almonds and, unlike dairy milk, it doesn’t contain cholesterol, has very little saturated fat, and is lactose-free. On top of that, it’s vegan and available in various flavours in any grocery store.
Many thanks to nutritionist, Charlotte Geroudet, for her help in editing this text.
- ServesYields 1 serving (about 286 calories)
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup silken tofu (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Replacement optionsor honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Tips & tricks
You can add a tablespoon or two of chia seeds. They contain protein and fibre, which are good for your digestive system. The first meal of the day helps to control appetite and avoid dips in energy or concentration. It also prevents the munchies in the afternoon, which is good for weight management.