Chai, pear & fig smoothie
I drank so many chai lattes last winter that I became addicted, and now I miss them.
Even though someone once said that warm beverages are enjoyable during heat waves, I haven’t been able to drink anything hot lately. Since I miss my chai lattes, though, obviously I decided to create a refreshing smoothie version of it.
Frozen figs are not easy to find, which is why I often buy fresh ones, cut them in half, and toss them directly in the blender.
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup Chai tea, brewed
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups very ripe or canned pears
- 4-6 large figs, fresh or frozen
- Ice cubes
- Pinch of cayenne pepper flakes, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Chill and serve.