Sunflower seed caramel, banana, blueberries & flaxseed spread
photo credit : Cyndy Boyce
- Serves4 spreads - 2 sunflower seed caramel
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 4 Bon Matin Seed lover bread slices
- 2 ripe bananas, cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
Pour le caramel de tournesol
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of unsalted and roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Bring the brown sugar and evaporated milk to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add the sunflower seeds and vanilla. Stir and pour into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Toast your bread slices, then spread the sunflower caramel onto them. Top with the banana slices, blueberries and ground flaxseed.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018