Old cheddar, nut & creamy honey grilled cheese
Ever since the time change, my daughter has been waking up in the middle of the night, ready to start her day. So this morning I went back to bed for a bit, trying to recover from our midnight meeting, and then I woke up in a panic at 9:23 knowing I had to be in Montreal by 10:00.
Needless to say, my morning was hectic, and now I’m looking forward to getting back home tonight. Plus, it’s Friday, which means we usually get take-out or make some Fast-Food-like meals.
I’ve also decided to smush all my favourites from a cheese-platter between two slices of bread, and I’ve been drooling – dreaming about it since this morning.
Thanks, Bon matin, for the challenge, it’s not always easy to change up something as simple as morning toast or sandwiches, but thanks to your challenge I came up with some pretty delicious ideas.
- Serves4 grilled cheeses
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time8 to 10 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 8 slices of Bon Matin 14 grain bread
- of butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of honey or of creamed honey
- 1 cup of old cheddar, grated
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Spread some butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lay bread slices on your work surface, butter side down.
- Add honey, cheese, pears and nuts onto 4 slices of bread (the side with no butter)
- Top each of the slices with the remaining bread slices, making sure that the buttered side is on top.
- Grill your sandwiches in a large non-stick pan over medium heat on each side until the cheese is melted.