Tofu packed pancakes with Leek, ham and maple syrup toppings
Photo credit : Virginie Gosselin
- Serves8 crêpes
- Prep time30 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1/2 cup of plain silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Maple syrup, to serve
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cups of leeks, slice in 1/2 cm wide pieces
- 1 1/4 cup of ham, diced
- 1/3 cup of natural apple juice
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1/4 cup of chives, sliced in 1 cm thick pieces
- Blend the tofu, milk and sugar with a hand-held mixer. Pour into a bowl then add the flour, salt and baking powder gradually while continuously whisking thus preventing lumps.
- Add the butter and mix well then set aside at room temperature.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a pan then bake the leek and ham for 5 minutes.
- Add the apple juice, maple syrup and Dijon mustard then keep baking until the liquid becomes syrupy. Season then add the chives and set aside.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of this mix to a large non-stick pan on medium heat to make a 12cm wide crepe. Once there are bubbles that form on top of the pancake, it’s ready to be flipped over for another minute. Repeat until there is no more mix.
- Serve with the toppings and drizzle maple syrup atop it all.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018