Fossilized Werewolf Saliva (Homemade Sponge Taffy)
I recommend you watch the video we made for this recipe before taking this on. It will help visualizing all the steps at once.
Plus, you’ll get to see my extraordinary costume. Alex was extremely jealous of my mustache and unibrow.
You will need a candy thermometer for this recipe.
- Serves20 - 25 pieces
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/4 cup of quinoa puffs
Replacement optionspop-corn, pistachios, peanuts, dried apricot cubes
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
Replacement optionsyour preferred nut selection
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- Line a mould with parchment paper, then pour the quinoa and sunflower seeds at the bottom. Set aside.
- Sieve the baking soda to remove all lumps. Set aside.
- Pour all the caramel ingredients into a pot, except for the baking soda and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the temperature reaches 300 or 305 °F on the thermometer.
- Remove from heat, add the baking soda and whisk lightly.
- Pour in the mould right away, then watch it puff up, like magic.
- Let cool completely then break into pieces.